The international break is over, with the Red Bulls all back in Salzburg now as we turn our focus onto the start of the championship group at the weekend. Let's take a look how our boys got on over recent days and how the clash between Noah Okafor and Oscar Gloukh went.
- The Austrian national team took a vital 2-1 win over Estonia, with Nici Seiwald starting. Junior Adamu also appeared in the second half to help inspire a comeback for our national team. Andreas Ulmer wasn't able to get onto the field again after the captain came on as a substitute a few days previously.
- Samson Baidoo and Dijon Kameri took a 4-0 win for Austria U21 in a friendly match against their Moldovan counterparts. Both of the Young Bulls gained playing time and Kameri played the full 90 minutes, with Baidoo coming off in the 81st minute.
- In the European qualifier between Switzerland and Israel, only one of our Red Bulls would end up celebrating. Noah Okafor had the upper hand in the end thanks to a clear 3-0 win. Having been substituted on in the 68th minute, our striker had a chance to make it 4-0. Oscar Gloukh also came in from the bench and therefore had little opportunity to place his stamp on the game.
- On the subject of Switzerland: Maurits Kjaergaard (played 90 minutes as captain) and Denmark U21 beat the Swiss 3-2 in a friendly.
- In Serbia's second European qualifier, Strahinja Pavlovic helped to marshal the defence in a 2-0 win in Montenegro. Pavlo was definitely one of the players of the match along with double goalscoring substitute Dusan Vlahovic.
- While the first match against Gambia ended in a comfortable win (2-0), Sekou Koita and Mali suffered a 0-1 defeat in the second meeting. Our attacker started and put in a solid performance, even if he couldn't inspire his side to a result.
- Ignace Van der Brempt helped Belgium U21 to a 3-2 friendly match win over Japan U21. Our right-back played for the for the first half and was substituted off at half-time with his side 2-0 up.
- Now for a boy who simply cannot get enough of goal scoring - Karim Konate scored twice upon starting last week and added another brace for Ivory Coast U23 as they won 3-2 against Morocco!
We are back to business in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga on Sunday. Do you want to support our boys away in Klagenfurt for the championship group opener? All the info on that can be found HERE. Tickets for our first home match against Austria Vienna are also on open sale.