2nd FRIENDLY MATCH 2016 |
FC Red Bull Salzburg V FSV FRANKFURT
DATE: Saturday 23 January 2016
LOCATION: ARCADIA Golf and Sportresort, BELEK
KICK-OFF TIME: 15:30 local time
On the penultimate day of their training camp in Belek, FC Red Bull Salzburg played the sole friendly match of the camp, losing 0-1 to German second division side FSV Frankfurt (H/T: 0-1).
A fierce wind made for difficult conditions in a first half that passed by without any major highlights. The Red Bulls, who were captained by Christian Schwegler, tried to put Frankfurt under pressure with their pressing, but were never really able to get on top of their opponents. Frankfurt took the lead thanks to Zlatko Dedic, who beat Airton from short range. Valentino Lazaro then went close with a free-kick.
Salzburg were more active after the break with the wind at their backs, and had a few opportunities to equalise in the final 20 minutes. A deflected shot from Atanga, a good solo charge into the area from Smail Prevljak and a wonderful Mukhtar effort from long range were ultimately not enough to get a goal.
RBS vs. FSV - 9 Images
RBS vs. FSV - 9 Images
I am pleased with the second-half performance, as there were a few good things in it. It's obvious that not everything will be working as we want yet, as we have just been together for two weeks. We were working very hard in the training camp too, and the players are tired at the end of it. We used the time here in Belek well, we were able to adjust to one another better, and the team know what kind of football I want to play.
It was difficult in the first half as the wind was very disruptive. After the break we played better, but we could have put a little more pressure on. The training camp was very good on the whole, but we can't be fully satisfied with today's match.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- Not in action today were Jonatan Soriano (thigh), Yasin Pehlivan (adductors), Christoph Leitgeb and Yordy Reyna (both knee).
- Reinhold Yabo (knee operation), Takumi Minamino and Hee Chang Hwang (both at the U23-Asian championship) are not in Belek.
- In action for the German team in the first half was former Red Bull Felipe Pires. Former FC Liefering player Lukas Gugganig came on at half-time.
- One of the spectators at today's friendly match was Sturm Graz coach Franco Foda.
- Tomorrow morning the Red Bulls are flying back to Salzburg via Munich. Their next training session will then take place on Tuesday morning in Taxham.
LINE-UPS & SUBSTITUTIONS
FC RED BULL SALZBURG: Airton (46' Walke); Schwegler (46' Lainer), Miranda (65' Upamecano), Sörensen (46' Caleta-Car), Ulmer (65' Schlager); Berisha (65' Atanga), Schmitz, Bernardo (46' Laimer); Lazaro (65' Okugawa), Damari (65' Prevljak), Oberlin (46' Mukhtar)